Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Summer is a-brewin'

April 25th, 2011
Letter
Dear loved ones,

I hope you have had a sanctifying Easter season and that Christ’s passion has once again made itself more meaningful to you this year. I have found myself reflecting not only on a resurrected Christ, but also on a God-Man who suffered and was willing to become part of this humanity that hated Him. As a peer of mine pointed out today, His incarnation is highlighted in light of the fact that we sometime are not even willing to walk on the same sidewalk of those we dislike, yet he still came.

I write to share with you again a slice of my life and invite you to pray with me as I take another stride in life.

I am in the process of tying up the details for my internship in Mexico this summer. I will be working alongside some missionaries who are pastoring a church in Ixtapaluca, a town south of Mexico City. For my major I am required to study and prepare Bible lessons and sermons and share them with others. Along with this I will be working with some other ministries in the church such as their sports, youth and ESL programs. One of the best parts of all this will probably be meeting and spending time with the people there. I plan to be leaving the third week of May and stay for six weeks. I am already getting really excited as I start planning my lessons.

After the internship, I plan to go visit my family back home, which I cannot wait to do. If you get a chance to think of these things, please pray that I may be an effective and humble servant to the church I will be serving and that the God may use this experience to confirm in me if teaching is the type of ministry he wants me in. Trusting in his provision and protection, I hope this internship serves its function in molding and shaping me into a better servant of His.

Once again I thank you in advance for your past and ongoing prayer. I thank God for guiding me and giving me peace about these steps in front of me.

I am eager to see what God is brewing in the coming months and am glad to know that I have encouraging brothers and sisters like you with whom I can share this cup of tea.

Yours truly,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment